Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moving through grief and using loss to help others

I just finished reading about Molly Jackson's story about losing her daughter Lucy, and her inspired action to create "Good Grief" a company that is creating a fund to help those less fortunate who may be in need of a headstone during a time of loss.

Her story brought tears to my eyes. Moving through heartbreaking grief and using her loss to help others. I wonder, how many of us are out there? How can we harness the energy of the collective in bringing information to a place where someone can get help after a loss of a child, like a directory with listings of goods and services, and information for the bereaved.

Imagine a place you can come to and request a prayer for your loved ones, listen to a guided meditation, receive counseling, reach a forum of individuals who have gone through what you have and reach out to them, peer to peer. The same thing if you have had a certain type of cancer. I wished that Team Sarcoma had existed 23 years ago when I was sick. I wished that when Kayman was having seizures, I had someone to talk with who had gone through the same thing.

I am not sure how this will unfold. With god's grace, and small steps to take ideas into fruition.
A directory of grief support, to assist moving those grieving to the other side. More later after coaching calls this afternoon.

Blessings,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment